Funky

I haven’t been posting. Did anyone notice? I didn’t think so. I almost didn’t notice either. Until I got that great comment from “D”. :-)

I’m in a bit of a personal funk, and physical funk…I’m just funky. Not funky like I haven’t showered, just out of sorts. My attitude is bad. I’m grumpy and self centered…well, more than usual. :-) My workouts have been lackluster mostly due to some weird shoulder thing that I keep ignoring and trying to pretend isn’t there because I am just getting back into workouts and DANG IT…that’s what keeps me sane.

My diet is funky, which you could probably trace the funky attitude to, somewhat, in addition to hormones and back again to the food. I’ve been lazy and busy. I’m tired from being busy, so I don’t plan like I should and eat whatever is easiest. Geez…would someone just slap me!

I feel like I can’t get out of my own way and do the things I know I should do.

One cool event was Jared playing guitar and singing at church today. It’s been a long time and he sounded great. Good job, babe!

I’m going to go eat a veggie and try to crawl my way out of this funk. Wish me luck.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 Responses to “Funky”

1. Lindsay says:

Sorry you’re feeling funky, MB (and not the good kind of rocking funky). Let me know if there’s anything I can do.

2. Rona says:

hey martha, i noticed u weren’t posting:)
    wishing u luck u’ll get through it

on your shoulder issue (and maybe even the dreaded ‘funkiness’)– if/when you’re looking for a helping hand to help you heal and fix it, let me help you.
    it is my professional specialty for over 16 years. the things i do concentrate on functional restoration and balance the entire body systems non-invasively and gently. i can assess a couple of things that might be at the root of the funk to help you out.

i’ll leave it up to you if you’re interested in that direction.

till i see you again, feel better and be good to yourself.
    xo
    glad u posted
    rona

3. Mitch says:

Hey Martha , you dont seem funky to me. Here is a trick….
    try “fake it ’till you make it “. So when you feel funky, act
    like you are ‘on it’…soon you will be!

4. ana says:

hey martha glad you posted girl get out of that funk and back into the super woman martha we all know and love!

5. Stacey says:

I HATE when I feel this way.

6. allison says:

I noticed too!…and here here on the funk. I might just copy and paste your blog post to mine…well minus the the hubby playing guitar part…hehe

I keep blaming and pointing fingers at the “back to school blues”…ugh…think I’m gonna try the “fake it ’till you make it”